Cristo Rey Jesuit - Baltimore, MD
Donor Relations and Special Events Coordinator
Responsible for providing support in planning, organizing and implementing special events, communications, and other development initiatives (including direct mail solicitations, online giving, etc.) in order to generate operating and other funds. Support public and donor relations. Assist Director of Development, staff and volunteers as assigned and as needed.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
● Assists in committee and volunteer management, including scheduling meetings.
● Provides logistical support for special events and meetings.
● Provides logistical support for mailings including appeals, cards, and event invitations.
● Manages school social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms to promote the organization’s mission and brand.
● Prepares prospect research profiles.
● Attends and participates in staff meetings and job-related/career development
● Proactively schedules lunches for scholarship benefactors with their scholarship
● Facilitates correspondence between scholarship recipients and their benefactors.
● Manages a scholarship application process for approximately 40 students, working with
students and families throughout the process.
● Manages the daily tasks of clerical volunteers and/or interns.
● Supports Database Manager in processing gifts, sending acknowledgements and filing.
● Maintains confidentiality of donor records.
● Assists in producing the annual report.
● Pulls reports from fundraising database, as needed.
● Drafts written pieces including letters, brochures, case statements, articles and more.
● Runs errands, as requested.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
● Four-year college degree, required.
● Ability to develop strong working relationships with faculty, staff, students, families,
volunteers, donors, and leadership.
● Experience with DonorPerfect Online or another fundraising database is a plus.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google applications, and social media applications.
● Personal commitment to the school’s mission.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Calm, professional, and consistently pleasant telephone, email, and interpersonal
● Excellent organizational and clerical skills.
● Detail oriented.
● Efficient worker able to multi-task with minimal supervision.
● Self-starter with demonstrated ability tackle challenges.
● Patience, stability, work ethic and flexibility needed for the demands of a small
● Must have reliable transportation and be willing to run errands and drive guests.